Why I need your information and how I use it
I refer to a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information. Namely:
- To the extent I need your information to provide my services, such as to process your order, resolve disputes, or provide customer support;
- if you have given your express consent (which you can revoke at any time), for example by subscribing to the Seegang.Berlin newsletter distribution list;
- When it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order, or in connection with legal claims, such as the need to retain information about your purchases due to tax legislation; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
I cannot do business without customer data. I will only release your personal data for specific reasons and under very specific circumstances, as follows:
- Service Providers: I engage certain trusted third party service providers to perform certain tasks and provide services for my store, such as parcel services. I share your personal data with these third-party service providers, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business Transfers: If I sell my business or merge with another, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with Law: I may collect, use, retain and disclose your information when I believe in good faith that doing so is reasonable and necessary to: a) respond to a legal process or governmental request; b) enforce my contracts, terms, conditions, and policies; c) prevent, investigate, and remedy fraud and other illegal activities, security or technical issues; or d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers or others.
Transfer of personal data outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the United States and other countries. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to countries whose laws on data protection and regulatory oversight differ from the corresponding laws in your country. If I am likely to transfer information about you to countries outside the EU, I rely on the EU-US Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is also certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
If you reside in certain regions, including the EU, you have a number of rights with respect to your personal data. Some of these rights apply generally and others apply only in specific cases. These rights are described below:
- Access: You may have the right to access and obtain a copy of the personal information I hold about you by writing to me using the contact information below.
- Modification, restriction, deletion: You may also have the right to modify your personal data, restrict my use of it, or delete it. Except in exceptional circumstances (such as when I need to store data for legal reasons), I will generally delete your personal data upon request.
- Objection: You can object to 1. me processing some of your data with regard to my legitimate interests and 2. you receiving marketing messages from me, after you have explicitly agreed to this beforehand. In such cases, I will delete your personal data unless I can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for its continued use or it is required for legal reasons.
- Complaint: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise concerns about my use of your data - without prejudice to any other rights you may have - you are entitled to contact your local data protection authority with these concerns.
We used Google Analytics on this site to ensure a well-functioning visual experience on all devices. For example, the length of stay and clicks on the page are compared with screen size, device type and language.
In this context, we adhere to the recommendations of German data protection officers, which consist of the following measures:
- Contract for commissioned data processing with Google Inc.
- Link from the main page to the privacy statement
- Anonymization of the IP address of visitors
- Note on the right of objection
- Link to Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses various techniques, including so-called 'cookies', which are stored on the visitor's computer and which enable an analysis of the use of this website. The information collected is transferred to a server of Google Inc. in the USA and stored there. Google's servers may be located in countries outside the member states of the European Union and may also be operated outside the contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. The IP address data transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
Anonymization of the IP address
Die Website seegang.berlin uses a Google Analytics tracking code that is wrapped around the operator gat._anonymizeIp(); has been extended to allow only anonymized collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking). By activating IP anonymization within the Google Analytics tracking code of this website, the IP address of the visitor is anonymized by Google before transmission.
Right of objection
If the anonymization of the IP address is not sufficient for you, you can prevent the storage of Google cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by Google cookies and related to your use of the website (including IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
How to contact me
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, I, Jennifer Becker, am the data controller for your personal data. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact me at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can write to me at the following address:
Jennifer Becker, Wrangelstr. 2I, IO997 Berlin